World Cultures 2 Online
8 - 13
University of Nebraska High School
This online course introduces multicultural studies through the investigation of the physical and human geography, history, and cultures of the continents of Africa, Asia, Australia, and Oceania. Through this course students will develop an understanding of the interactions between geography and culture that have influenced the lifestyles and challenges faced by various culture groups over time throughout these regions. This course will help students gain a greater understanding of their own culture and realize how diverse cultural traditions affect their lives. It will encourage them to actively participate in the culturally diverse world in which they live.
Study Scope and Sequence
Unit 1: North Africa, Southwest Asia, and Central Asia
Unit 2: Africa South Of The Sahara
Unit 3: South Asia
Unit 4: East Asia and Southeast
Unit 5: Australia, Oceania, and Antarctica
The objectives are listed individually in each lesson, but the ultimate goal is that, by the end of the course, you will know and use these facts, concepts, principles and theories, and models to better understand the people and culture of the countries of Africa, Asia, Australia, and Oceania.
1. Students will be able to use geographical skills, and understand tools and technologies used by geographers.
2. Students will be able to make sense of varied physical environments.
3. Students will be able to explain how selected physical and ecological processes impact the Earth’s surface.
4. Students will be able to analyze why people live where they do.
5. Students will understand how people make a living in different parts of the world.
6. Students will understand the process of urbanization.
7. Students will be able to describe diverse cultural systems.
8. Students will be able to describe reasons for conflict and cooperation in the world.
For this course you need to secure the following textbook and materials (if lab kit is listed, check first the possibility of using your school lab prior to buying the lab kit):
|National Geographic World Cultures and Geography Survey, 2nd Edition. 2017, Cengage Learning.||ISBN: 9781305967182||Book||NOT included in the price of the course|
course fee: 524,- EUR / 12 480,- Kč