AP Microeconomics Online
9 - 13
FLVS - Florida Virtual School Global
AP Microeconomics is an introduction to the study of the consumers and producers that make up the economy.
You traveled to the Macro Islands to assist the leader in winning re-election. You came for a job, but you realized as you were working that you loved the islands and wanted to make your home there. Because you are adept at giving economic advice to the leader, you have been appointed as the new President of the Sunny Seas Shell Company.
As part of your role in assuming the leadership duties of the company, you will need to brush up on microeconomics. The Board of Directors has appointed Ms. Equilibrium to act as your personal assistant and advisor as you transition into your new role. You will be learning all you can about microeconomics and will be required to exhibit your knowledge in May at the annual Board of Directors’ meeting (the AP Exam).
The course provides particular emphasis on the function of consumers and producers within the economic system. The course also offers analysis of the markets in which consumers and producers interact as well as non-market economics. This course, which prepares students to take the AP Microeconomics exam, draws on software provided by Thinkwell. It has been reviewed and approved by the College Board to use the "AP" designation.
Study materials (e-books, Discovery Education, etc. ...) for FLVS Global courses are INCLUDED in the price of the course.
- master a broad body of knowledge related to facts, concepts, and theories pertaining to households, firms, and the public sector
- develop critical-thinking skills through the understanding, application, and analysis of fundamental economic concepts
- apply economic logic to a wide variety of real-world and hypothetical situations
- prepare for and successfully pass the Advanced Placement Exam
AP Microeconomics Course Content
- Unit 1: Basic Economic Concepts
- Unit 2: Supply and Demand
- Unit 3: Production, Cost, and the Perfect Competition Model
- Unit 4: Imperfect Competition
- Unit 5: Factor Markets
- Unit 6: Market Failure and the Role of Government
- Big Idea 1: Scarcity and Markets
- Big Idea 2: Costs, Benefits, and Marginal Analysis
- Big Idea 3: Production Choices and Behavior
- Big Idea 4: Market Inefficiency and Public Policy
Syllabus AP Microeconomics
AP Microeconomics Course and Exam Description
No additional materials required.
course fee: 777,- EUR / 18 500,- Kč
All topics covered in the course were inspiring and also useful in the real life. I liked the interactive part of the course, such as discussion-based assessments and presentations about how the coronavirus affects the economy.
Adam M., 2020